Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Fined for Failing Reviews of Child Welfare

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/08/13/feds-fine-ohio-for-failings-in-2008-review-of-child-welfare.html

      I found this article interesting because I did not know that there were reviews on the child protective system. It made me very pleased to know that there are reviews done and that the system is checked, however, the news that this article presents about failing to meet all the criteria that is expected of the system is disappointing. On the other hand, it was also interesting to see that across the counties most of the systems were failing to meet certain criteria; this made me feel as though something should be adjusted to better be able to meet the expected criteria. I liked the fact that the state paid the  $3.8 million off and gives the counties a chance to earn $3 million back. However, I feel that there should be a plan put in  place to improve in the areas they did not meet of the criteria and do better on the next review.

No comments:

Post a Comment